Biomedical Engineering of University of Malaya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What say you??

+2
rajahaziq
Admin
6 posters

Go down

What say you?? Empty What say you??

Post  Admin Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:14 am

As what was promised, I am going to attend the second general meeting.

Just like what we had done during the beginning of semester, I need your feedback, suggestions, complains, and any other shout outs suitable.

Leave your message here and I will filter it out, but don't say something sot sot like asking to open a smoking area. That is God damn stupid.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Admin
Admin

https://umbiomed.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

What say you?? Empty Re: What say you??

Post  rajahaziq Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:43 am

1)no more 'morning' classes.
2)elevator for our department.
3)more parking lot for students.
4)suggest to do a magazine for our faculty every year.
5)no assignment/test within a month before exam.
6)suggest to give handouts in every classes.
7)lecturer should not be late than us.
8)for 3-hour classes,lecturer should give 'relax time' at least 10minutes.
9)Academic advisor should be aware of their students achievement/performance.
10)It is better if department send through email to all students if there is any announcement/notice.

aku tak dtg byk kelas,aku plak byk mintak.ahahaha..go RAY go~~!!!

rajahaziq

Back to top Go down

Post  pikakhim Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:04 am

I agree with no. 4, 7 - 10! Good ones, Haziq!

Morning classes are inevitable, but perhaps we can do something about night classes instead?

We wouldn't need elevators for our department (escalators? LOL) but the elevator for the library is a MUST complain... 2/3 of the semester gone then only it was repaired... outrageous!

Parking lots ARE limited because our faculty is made as such. Though I wouldn't say no to more parking spaces, I don't think the department or the dean can do anything about it... unless an earthquake occurred which remodeled the land
tongue

Assignments/tests should be done sporadically, spread within a longer time frame. Assignments and tests all within the last 4 weeks was crazy!

Handouts for everyone is difficult to manage, since the number that wanted the handouts varies and since it's easier to just download the soft copy straight from this forum, we could print them out ourselves.

That aside, I would like to give a few of my suggestions:
1. I understand the academic talks do give insight into what we are about to do after we graduate, but some talks, like the CD one, is too complicated for us to understand, and the SIRIM one was quite boring. It should be adjusted to suit our understanding, or else it'll all just be a waste of effort.

2. Something needs to be done about the power supply tripping in the computer laboratory...

3. Lecturers need to be evaluated at least once a semester to keep their teaching in par with the common standard. We do have them in schools, no? Why can't the same be done to the lecturers? They need to improve themselves if their teaching methods are not effective a.k.a. lousy.

pikakhim

Back to top Go down

Post  JamieLLe Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:45 pm

well....

ray yang penting sekarang ialah masalah lab....kalau mereka nak suruh buat presentation etc baik mereka tambah kredit untuk lab jadi 2 ke? and waktu untuk buat report satu minggu tak cukup especially untuk lab yang panjang seperti lab fisio, elektronik, and etc sebab memakan masa yang banyak dan student pun mahu study tak kan nak buat lab 24/7 kan?

lastly, apa kata kalau setiap subjek buat 1 hour tutorial class? untuk ajar student lebih detail sebab lecturers selalunya ajar ringkas and tak paham, maybe tutor boleh ajar lebih baik...macam kelas tutorial vector, algebra and calculus....

ok thats all....goodluck ray!
JamieLLe
JamieLLe

Back to top Go down

Post  Shiow Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:39 pm

1. I am a reader for a economic student and I help him in study. There only I know ADEC is really useful. Every student has an account in ADEC UM already. You can try to log in and see, all our registered subjects for the current semester are there, just that nothing posted by lecturer under the subject. My "listener's" lecturer uploaded the soft copies of tutorials, tutorial solutions, lecture slides, past year exams, announcement, timetable, etc. /

UM actually has a good teaching site for the lecturers. Why don't they use the resource available? Maybe we can suggest them to use ADEC.

2. My roomate is a lecturer in private college. There is also evaluation for lecturers too. The difference that the lecturers there understand what is professional responsibility, that is they will not express their unsatisfactory to the result of evaluation by students. In the other saying, they will not threaten the students such as "You think I am very lenient? --> He will make the question harder", etc. Instead the lecturers in the college will improve their teaching instead of saying something nasty back to students. If our evaluation for lecturers will cause us disfavour by the lecturer, that's is unfair. Who will voice out their true opinion any more Rolling Eyes
Shiow
Shiow

Back to top Go down

Post  nsc Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:28 am

shiow: i get what u mean! when i first came here, i checked ADEC over and over again before i realized there isn't going to be anything there. its a good place to get notes from the lecturer and if its possible, instant notice whether the class is cancelled/postponed/whatever. and the lecturer thing, that was a one-time kind of thing. besides, he just commented on who's the one being punctual or late, nothing serious. but really, im sure alot of people rated a certain prof. as always being late, i'm surprised he haven't complained! well, he's a busy man. if u know who im talking about

jamil: he's right. especially when u know u get 1 week time or 2 weeks time for different labs, u immediately know how long and detailed your report has to be. work for this siu yuk!

generally, i agree with kkk. i'm supporting these suggestions above so that u would think that more people agrees with it.

can u like ask if theres any lecturer that during the holidays(for students-year end/mid year), they need helpers or something? or maybe if they don't, can we like go there and watch them do their research? how about like programming, a short course which cover more than what is taught for exams- maybe a small project? and the lecturer can supervise over it. electrical dept has a programming course and ROBOCON seminar!

me. green with envy =c
nsc
nsc

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum